Monday, January 19, 2009

Ma Maison, Swensens & Mr. Curry

Yesterday was Darling's birthday, and we celebrated it at Ma Maison (Bugis). The food was good, and the ambience was cottage-styled. I think the escargots were great appettisers! :) My Gratin with scallops and prawns was ok, and his Sizzling hamburger steak was nicer. We were that full, so went to Swensens to have the Crumble. Wanted to try banana crumble, but sold out, so only tried their Walnut Chochie Road. Nice :) I'm glad darling enjoyed the birthday, but hope you'll fully recover from your sore throat & cough soon! (no photos to show cuz all with him hee)


*****************************************************

Today's lab was quite a disaster..again. Not that I failed my expt or created some trouble, but simply I am stuck with this supervisor who is simple unreasonable. I don't want to comment on that expect the positive fact that he finally taught us something, and we finally got down to doing some hands-on.

The dinner at Mr. Curry with Char, Hoz and Ser was great! Ser just came back from China and brought us Pocky which is banana flavour! :) Mr. Curry is another family from the Waraku clan haha. Apparently only opened at the Central for now. The foodie is really good and has a wide variety. Oh how can I forget their desserts? The photos didn't do much justice to the steaming hot food served. I will go back again to try more stuff!

The calender full of cute pictures as table mat


My Rice with cheese & curry topped with scallops and chicken. ($12.80)
I love it cuz the scallops are more generous and big and fresh!
It tastes good with curry + cheese :)


Ser's similar to mine, except that hers is hamburger steak on top. ($12.80)


Hoz's Minced beef and Omelet rice. ($14.80)
There's a pot of curry, and there's a choice of 4 different kinds of curry.


Char's Prawns Omelet Rice ($14.80)

Our dessert!! From this view could only see the green tea ice cream. ($9.80)
There's another scoop of sesame ice cream (yucks!) behind.

The meal wasn't that cheap, and I paid a total of $18.10. But it was good and a must try!! I will return for more!

******************************************************

Some time back I had some desserts from MOF. Love it there too!

Mango

Some chef recommendation


Some time back I had Waraku with darling. Oh thats the ultra fattening scallops and prawns baked in mayonise cheese. Yum!


Now I'm starting to have craving for this...

Its the 99cents sushi place! :)

I am so growing fat! My 'boss' is gonna complain soon...lol

No comments: